This Shrimp Cobb Salad with Spicy Blue Cheese Dressing is a great way to use up leftover vegtables in your fridge. We used some well seasoned sautted shrimp and tossed it together with plenty of romaine lettuce, cherry tomatos, corn, and avacados. Then we dressed it all with the tastiest spicy blue cheese dressing. You have got to give this a try, it is so filling, so fresh, so creamy its the best kind of salad to make at home.
We love sharing exciting fun salad recipes for you to try with your friends and family. Hopefully, one of these will encourage your little ones to dig in.
What you will need to make our Shrimp Cobb Salad with Spicy Blue Cheese Dressing
Variations of Cobb Salad
- Protein: Feel free to sub in any protein you have on hand. Grilled chicken breast, shredded crab, grilled salmon all work well.
- Dressing: If you do not like blue cheese try substituting it with some feta. The jalapeño adds a great spicy kick to this dressing control the amount according to your preference. Or leave it out all together.
- Vegetables: The first cobb salad ever made used whatever was found in the fridge. Feel free to do the same. Regular or cherry tomatoes, lettuce or kale, add carrots, cucumbers, whatever you like make it your own.
Let’s Make Cobb Salad
First, let’s take care of all of our vegetables. Proceed with washing and drying all your vegetables using cold water. Especially the greens, using damp or wet lettuce hinders the crispiness we all crave in a salad.
Whip up the Dressing
This is such a yummy dressing. Whisk up a batch to use for your salads and keep the rest in the fridge for up to 1 week. Use the leftovers as a dip for crunchy veggies like carrots and cucumbers.
Place olive oil + vinegar in a mixing bowl. Give it a whisk. Then add in mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, Worcestershire sauce, shallots, salt, and pepper, whisk well to combine. Add the blue cheese and whisk again.
Finally, use a pestle and mortar or a small food processor and crush as much or as little of the jalapeños as you like. Add to your dressing and whisk. Set in fridge.
Prepare the Shrimp
Peel and devein your shrimp. Place shrimp in a bowl and add 3 tbsp olive oil, salt, pepper, chili powder, paprkia and garlic, mix well.
Shrimp are easy because they cook in just a couple of minutes. Heat a skillet on medium-high heat. When it’s hot, add half the shrimp in a single layer and cook for about 2 minutes on each side. Repeat with the rest of the shrimp. Set aside (if you want them room temperature) or place them in the fridge while we prepare the salad.
Assembling our Shrimp Cobb Salad with Spicy Blue Cheese Dressing
Rip your Romaine lettuce into bite-sized pieces and place into your salad bowl. Add Some of your cobb salad dressing and mix together using your hands or some tongs.
Top the lettuce with the prepared shrimp, halved cherry tomatoes, corn and toss together (add more dressing if needed).
Arrange sliced avocados + quartered boiled eggs on top. Drizzle on some extra dressing or serve it on the side. ENJOY!
If you make this Shrimp Cobb Salad with Spicy Blue Cheese Dressing let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #thetablediaries on Instagram. We love seeing all the recipes you and your family enjoy.
Cobb Salad with Spicy Blue Cheese Dressing
- 700 grams shrimp (cleaned and deveined)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika
- pinch of chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 head romaine lettuce (washed and dried)
- 2 avocado sliced
- 350 grams cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 3 boiled eggs (quartered)
- 160 grams corn kernels about 1 cup
Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1 jalapeno (optional) or any spicy pepper
- 100 grams blue cheese
- 230 grams mayonnaise 1 cup
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 5 grams shallots (minced finely) ½ tbsp
- 1 tsp worchestshire sauce
- 123 grams sour cream ½ cup
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
Blue Cheese Dressing
- Place olive oil + vinegar in a mixing bowl. Give it a whisk.
- Add in mayonnaise + sour cream + buttermilk + Worcesershire sauce + shallots + salt + pepper, whisk well to combine.
- Add in blue cheese, whisk to combine.
- Use a pestle and mortar or a small food processor and crush as much or as little of the jalapeno as you like. Add to your dressing and whisk in. Set in fridge.
- Into a bowl, add shrimp + 3 tbsp olive oil + salt + pepper + chili powder + paprkia +garlic and mix well.
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat. When it's hot, add half the shrimp in a single layer and cook for about 2 minutes on each side. Repeat with the rest of the shrimp. Set aside (if you want them room temperature) or place them in the fridge while we prepare the salad.
- Rip your Romaine lettuce into bite-sized peices and place into your salad bowl. Add Some of your salad dressing and mix together using your hands or some tongs.
- Add shrimp + cherry tomatoes + corn and toss together (add more dressing if needed)
- Arrange sliced avocados + quartered boiled eggs on top. Drizzle on some extra dressing.