Creamy Spinach Artichoke Dip is a classic for a reason, aside from the fact that it’s addictively good, it’s also so easy to make. Every bit is loaded with deliciously rich creamy garlicky spinach, artichokes, and cheese. We have yet to meet someone that does not completely fall in love with this savory dip. A staple at all our gatherings and consistently a crowd-pleaser. Make it for your next get-together and let us know what you think.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED FOR THE DIP:
Making Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Making Creamy Spinach Artichoke Dip is one of those low-effort high-return recipes. It’s easy and best of all fast table, 20 minutes start to end.
Prepare your ingredients; mince garlic, chop the artichokes hearts and thaw the spinach in a bowl. You do not need to squeeze the water out of the spinach. Feel free to use fresh baby spinach, just increase the amount by about 60grams. Shred your fresh cheeses, we never use pre-grated packaged cheese because they contain preservatives that prevent them from melting smoothly.
Preheat the oven with the broiler setting on.
In a medium-sized saucepan on medium heat, add olive oil. When the oil is shimmering and hot add in minced garlic. Cook just until fragrant, about 1 min.
Add in the chopped artichoke hearts, cook for 1-2 min until warmed through.
Add in thawed spinach and salt. Cook until most of the water has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
Add in cream cheese and black pepper, mix until all the cream cheese has melted. Remove from heat, add in parmesan and sour cream, mix to combine. Taste to adjust seasoning.
We prepared this batch of spinach artichoke dip in three mini skillets to place separately on the table for sharing, but classically this goes into one ovenproof dish. Top generously with freshly shredded mozzarella cheese. Place in the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from the oven and serve warm with chips, pieces of toasted bread, or our Easy Crusty Bread with Roasted Garlic. Enjoy!
If you are a “getting ahead” type of person, you can follow all the steps above and assemble your spinach artichoke dip in your ovenproof dish ahead of time then refrigerate. When ready to bake place in a pre-heated oven at 180°C 375°F until warmed through around 15-20 minutes, then turn on the broiler to melt the cheese on the top.
f you make this Creamy Spinach Artichoke Dip! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #thetablediaries on Instagram. We love seeing all the recipes you and your family enjoy.
Creamy Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 450 grams cream cheese
- 300 grams frozen spinach thawed (no need to squeeze the water out) You can also use fresh baby spinach just increase the quantity to 360 grams
- 1 can artichoke hearts chopped (2-2.5cm pieces)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 100 grams sour cream ⅓ cup
- 6 grams finley grated parmesan cheese ¼ cup
- 140 grams fresh grated mozzarella cheese (not prepackaged) 1 cup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt (less if chips are very salty)
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Preheat your oven with the broiler option.
- In a medium-sized saucepan on medium heat, add olive oil. When the oil is shimmering and hot add in minced garlic. Cook until fragrant, about 1 min.
- Add in the chopped artichoke hearts, cook for 1-2 min until warmed through.
- Add in thawed spinach and salt. Cook until most of the water has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Add in cream cheese and black pepper, and mix until all the cream cheese has melted.
- Remove from heat, add in parmesan and sour cream and mix. Taste to adjust seasoning.
- Place the mixture into an oven-safe dish, top with freshly shredded mozzarella. Place in the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling. Remove from oven and serve with chips or pieces of toasted bread. Enjoy!
For Making Ahead
- Assemble the oven dish as instructed then refrigerate. Before serving, preheat the oven to 180°C 375°F and bake for 15-20 minutes or until warmed through. Then turn on the broiler to melt the cheese on top.